What sort of therapy do you need?
You want to feel happier, calmer and more in control of your life – but which direction do you go in when you’re looking for therapy? What type do you pick? What’s going to work for you? The good news is, when you work with me, you don’t have to choose between counselling, psychotherapy, Heal Your Life ® coaching or emotional freedom technique. You get them all in one package:
- My superpower is bringing together 20+ years experience of healing and personal development into a unique and intuitive blend of therapy… that’s tailored completely to you.
- I tune in to my clients to guide our work together. I will help you find and connect with your own source energy to feel more powerful and at peace.
- In my sensitive and compassionate way, I will show you how to learn to love yourself in a safe and honest relationship, free from judgement.
- You can't thrive when you live on a rubbish dump so you need to prepare the ground before you plant seeds - we need to work on clearing your mind of past trauma, old beliefs and behaviours before you can heal and move on.
Sessions are held in my beautiful therapy space in Saltaire (between Bradford and Bingley, West Yorkshire) or online via Zoom. See FAQs below.
I offer a FREE 30-minute chat before you book your first therapy session, so we can talk about what you want and need, and when you’d like to get started.
Self-discovery, Self-acceptance, Self-compassion, Self-love and Self-care.
That's what will help you heal and move on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about working with me
How much are your sessions?
A single 60-minute session is £65, a package of six sessions is £360 and a 12-sessions package is £660.
Where exactly are you based?
My therapy room sits at the top of Saltaire village in West Yorkshire. There is pay and display parking behind the local Co-op a few yards away.
What are your qualifications?
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Licensed Heal Your Life® Coach and Workshop Leader
- DDP (Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy) Level 1 & 2
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with Qualified Teacher Status (QTLS)
- Registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
What’s the difference between counselling and psychotherapy?
Put very simply, counselling can help people talk about and cope with issues. Psychotherapy looks deeper, aiming to help people understand why these issues exist in the first place. This can shift people’s thought patterns and their way of seeing themselves in the world.
To use an analogy, counselling is like the plaster you put on after falling off a bike. Psychotherapy, on the other hand, looks at why you fell in the first place – giving you insight that helps you avoid a similar injury.
I am a trained counsellor and psychotherapist, so I constantly adapt my approach according to what you need at different points in our sessions. Read on to find out more about the other approaches I weave into my work.
What is Heal Your Life ® coaching?
Heal Your Life® coaching follows on from the work of the acclaimed self-help author Louise Hay. It can help you improve every area of your life to live it more fully; relationships, health, financial wellbeing, business success and spiritual growth.
What is emotional freedom technique (EFT)?
EFT is an an evidence-based therapeutic self-help method, sometimes known as tapping. It works wonders for stress and anxiety and helps to relieve emotional distress and physical pain. EFT clears emotional and physical blocks from the body's energy system, can reduce pain and sooth your emotions.
What will happen in my first session?
After I talk you through all the housekeeping elements of entering into a client relationship with me (legalities, confidentiality and safeguarding), we will then start to look at what brought you to therapy and what you hope to get out of it.
Can I talk to you before I book?
Yes, absolutely. I offer all my prospective clients a free 30-minute chat on the phone to get a feel for how I work and talk to me about their situation before they book their first session.
Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07931 516057.
Do I have to do therapy in person?
Yes, if you can.
If you are in my local area, I do believe it's best to meet face to face, although I am do offer therapy on Zoom for clients who don't live locally.
How long do I need to work with you?
Again this is up to you. However, it is important to stick with the process, so I recommend a minimum of 6-12 sessions works best.
Sometimes you may not want to continue with therapy when the going gets tough – this is common and natural. But when we keep going, and look at why you want to stop, you will often have your biggest breakthroughs.
You can discuss this, and anything else about our sessions, with me at any point. All I ask is that you keep talking to me and be honest.